Support Desk Technician
Requirements and Responsibilities For Support Desk Technician.
The Support Desk Technician will provide Level 1 & 2 support to end users’ desktop computers, laptop computers, and iOS PDAs to resolve a variety of issues on Microsoft and Apple platforms. The support desk technician remotely identifies, researches, and solves technical problems. The technician responds primarily to telephone calls, and may also respond to email and personnel requests for technical support. The incumbent will document, track, and monitor each reported problem to ensure a timely resolution. OEM and ITIL certifications are a plus. A relevant degree in a related area and 3-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area is preferred. Knowledge of ConnectWise or a similar PSA is a plus.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Receive and document incoming phone calls requesting support with computer and PDA problems.
- Proactively monitor, manage, and administer remote computers responding to alerts as they are raised – Windows and Mac.
- Support the cloud computing environments using XenApp and Citrix Receiver implementations.
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve end user issues on Windows and Mac.
- Configure computer equipment including:
- Thin Clients,
- Cloud Desktops,
- Spam Filters
- Microsoft XP Professional
- Windows 7 and Windows 8 Professional desktop operating systems.
- Add and disable user accounts, change and re-set passwords, in Active Directory.
- Basic server administration and management in Windows 2003/2008 with Citrix
- Assist users with VoIP services
- Receive requests for VOIP adds, moves and changes on telephone systems
- Receive requests for setup or changes of audio and video systems and on-line conferences using commercial tools like GoToMeeting.
- Escalate calls not quickly resolved (15 minutes) to network engineers.
- 3 or more years of IT Support experience or equivalent including education
- Strong customer communication and service skills
- Organized, detail-oriented and a passion for excellence in customer service delivery
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Sense of urgency for resolving customer issues, effective time management
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Able to work well independently and as a team member
- Advanced knowledge of iWork’s Pages, Numbers, Keynote, and iCloud; Office 2007 and 2010 especially in MS Outlook, and Word, with very good skills in Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Mac OS X (10.9 and lower), Windows XP Professional, Windows 7 Professional, and Windows 8.